Have you applied to join Victoria Police in the past? They might be calling you!
Summary – Key Points
- Victoria Police is struggling to attract new applicants
- VicPol to contact 40,000 people
- Targeting those who previously expressed interest
- Those who were previously unsuccessful
- Those who applied but withdrew their application
- Emails and phone calls will be made to those who expressed interest as far back as 2016
- A dedicated annual policing careers expo will be set up
- School leavers to be targeted
- Volunteering, community sports, and customer service roles are desirable
- 502 new police officers and 50 new PSOs required
- Application streamline trials
- Online exams and psych questionnaires
This shows VicPol needs to improve its processes and that they are taking steps to do so.