Numerical Reasoning | Ratio Questions | Formula
There are several ways a ratio style numerical reasoning question might be asked in the Victoria Police Entrance Exam. In this video, we’ll take a look at a simply ratio style question and work through a method of resolving the question.
Let’s take a look at a sample numerical reasoning question involving a few chooks
“Chook Chook Farm” is a little hobby farm owned by Mr and Mrs Smith.
Let’s take a look at the numbers:
- The farm has 3 sheds with 7 chooks in each shed.
- The ratio of white to brown chooks is 3 to 4.
- Each chook lays one egg per day.
- One morning Mr Smith went to collect the eggs and found that half the brown chook eggs were broken
- Mr Smith gave away the white chook eggs to his neighbours
- He shared the remaining eggs with his wife
- Mr and Mrs Smith enjoyed half of the eggs each for breakfast
How many eggs did they have each?
Watch the video to find out the answer 🙂