Component of fitness assessed: Functional ability to climb over an obstacle.
The obstacle climb will test your ability to climb over an obstacle.
Prior to undertaking this test a member of the Health Promotion Unit will explain the test protocol and provide a demonstration to the group of Applicants. You will then be placed into groups according to your allocated bib number. Applicants will attempt the test one at a time.
- Applicants will be asked to approach an obstacle from a distance no greater than 3 metres
- Applicants are to climb over the obstacle in a safe and efficient manner
- At the top of the obstacle, applicants are required to lower themselves slowly and in a controlled manner until they are safely positioned on the other side of the obstacle
- Applicants may use their hands or feet to assist them to climb over the obstacle
- If your first attempt is unsuccessful, you will be given another attempt to successfully complete the test
- The test finishes when you (a) successfully climb over the obstacle, (b) you fail to climb over the obstacle on two occasions, or (c) the test is stopped by a member of the Health Promotion Unit
All applicants must successfully climb over an obstacle which is 1.3 metres high.