Component of fitness assessed: Ability to travel safely and efficiently in a water environment.
The 100 metre swim test will test your ability to travel safely and efficiently in a water environment. The test will be conducted in a heated indoor 50-metre swimming pool.
- Each applicant will prepare for the conduct of this test by standing beside the edge of the pool
- When instructed to do so, you will lower yourself into the pool in readiness to commence the test
- On the ‘go’ command, timing will be started and you will attempt to swim 2 laps of the 50-metre pool – 100 metres – within the allocated time
- Bathing suit or shorts are to be worn and swimming goggles are permitted
- No fins, flippers, snorkels, wetsuits or flotation devices to be used in this test
- The test finishes when you: (a) complete the 100 metre swim within the allocated time, (b) you rest on or use as support, the lane ropes or pool edge, (c) you fail to complete the 100 metres within the allocated time, or (d) the test is stopped by Victoria Police testing staff
- Once either of these occurs, your test is finished and your time will be recorded. Once you have finished, you will be asked to wait until directed to exit the pool.
All applicants must successfully swim 100 metres in ≤ 4.00 minutes
≤ means less than or equal to.